Tuesday, July 27, 2010

OUCH! a pain in the foot!



OUCH! OUCH! OUCH!... I am going crazy over here! My foot is killing me! I have plantar fascitis and pre-band I would dope up on Ibuprofen.

What is a banded girl to do??? I am icing it and wearing my inserts... thinking that a visit to the foot doctor is in order. Maybe a cortisone shot would help?

The problem is... I refuse to stop working out. I am opting for low impact workouts for the most part... but I refuse to take a few weeks off just to get back to normal. I can't!! I need to work out! I need to keep moving!! sigh.

I am so frustrated right now... any ideas? Any non NSAIDs anti inflammation meds out there? (maybe a good question for the Dr?)

4 comments:

Linda said...

I have PF too - it sucks. I went to a podiatrist last year and got a cortisone shot, it did help, but I need to go back. They told me always to wear a heel and gave me a stretching exercise, which is basically flexing your foot forward and back.

FK said...

Ive got one too... nasty!!! Only flares every now and again! the stretches will help before you get out of bed!!

DiZneDiVa said...

I wish I had some great advice but I wanted to give you my sympathy and some good wishes! I'm Sorry! *Maria*-This one time at BAND Camp..."

DiZneDiVa said...

And the winner is.... YOU. I nominated you for an award. Check it out. http://mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com/2010/07/you-like-me-you-really-like-me.html
*Maria*