Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dang it!

I hate getting stuck. Last night I was up until midnight... I was hungry and decided to eat a couple slices of deli ham before going to bed. BAD IDEA!

I'm not sure what it is about late night snacks but I swear that is the time that I almost always have my "stuck episodes".

It was pretty much horrible!!

I can eat deli ham during the day just fine, so the natural conclusion would be that I could eat it at night just fine too. sigh. NOPE!

I've been trying to figure out what the trigger was. The only thing I can think of is that when I am sitting down eating a meal, I follow all the bandster rules... but when I am grabbing a snack late at night, I am probably eating too fast and not chewing well enough.

I think that next time I stay up late, that I need to just go to bed hungry... it is SO not worth getting stuck and then having to stay up 30 mins longer pacing the house with pain and discomfort.

Another WIN for Mrs. Band! Another lesson learned!

4 comments:

Steph said...

I have found that my big problem is eating too fast, specially if I am standing up in the kitchen, sort of mindlessly eating instead of sitting down like I should. It's like an instant feeling of heartburn comes over me. I need to slow down! It's just another great lesson we have to lean first hand I guess.

Nella said...

its always when you are quickly grabbing a snack that it happens. Our brains have been trained to eat that way since we were babies and now we are banded so we have to re-program! Its like teaching HOT OLD DOGS NEW TRICKS! Sucks I know...Last nights dinner - two bites and I was in the looooo!

Lori Wikert Whistler said...

My mom always said to go to bed earlier before you get the munchies!

Unknown said...

yes, Lori! That is TRUE!