Friday, June 11, 2010

Lesson - Calories

What I didn't understand pre-band...

Is that even with the the band I would need to watch my calorie intake. All food has calories and if you take in to many calories you will NOT lose weight. DUH! Sounds simple enough... but with a life full of over eating, I apparently never REALLY thought about it that seriously.

Now that my entire eating pattern is based on losing weight I can really understand what I have heard for years. Calories do count!

The good news is that with the Band I do not feel near as obsessive about food and the concept of Food = Fuel is actually FINALLY sinking in. Plus I am getting full on about 1 cup of food... that right there is an amazing thing.

With the right tool (my lap band), the impossible becomes possible.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Do you track your food? I use myfitnesspal.com and when i first started tracking I was SHOCKED at the caloric amounts of the foods I was eating, thinking it was a loss less. It also helps track carbs, sodium, etc and I've found it to be very helpful!

Unknown said...

I'll go check it out! I think it is always shocking when I actually track what I am eating... sigh. Right now I am managing by only eating 300 calories per meal. But it would be interesting to see how much sodium that is and carbs. I'll give it a looksy! THANKS!