Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Don't know when...

I am going to have my surgery done in South Dakota with Dr. Lee Trotter. I live in Utah so this isn't the easiest way to go about it. But I TRUST Dr. Trotter and feel that with his expertise I will be in getting the best surgeon out there for me. It is totally worth it!!

The distance is causing a bit of trouble.... I was sent a packet from Dr. Trotters office that gave me all the information and testing that I would need before the operation. It was difficult to get the physicians here in Utah to understand what I needed done. But eventually I was able to have all the blood tests, xrays, ultrasounds etc completed. At the moment my tests are all done and at Dr. Trotter's office. But there is a communication delay because of the distance. I leave messages but I don't hear back right away. (Maybe I would have this trouble if I lived in town but it's harder being further away) Now, don't get me wrong... they aren't always leaving me in the dark.. but when you want something REALLY bad it seems that you are always waiting. sigh.

So at the moment I am waiting for confirmation from Dr. Trotters office. Once they have everything... The next step will be insurance. (can we play the scary music now?? LOL!) Who knows what they are going to say... because I am a relatively healthy morbidly obese person I don't know if I have a enough medical issues for them to want to cover the operation. And because we recently moved I hope I can show enough effort on my part to have them cover the operation. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: